Definitions of market:
- noun: the world of commercial activity where goods and services are bought and sold
Example: "Without competition there would be no market"
- noun: the securities markets in the aggregate
Example: "The market always frustrates the small investor"
- noun: the customers for a particular product or service
Example: "Before they publish any book they try to determine the size of the market for it"
- noun: a marketplace where groceries are sold
Example: "The grocery store included a meat market"
- verb: engage in the commercial promotion, sale, or distribution of
Example: "The company is marketing its new line of beauty products"
- verb: deal in a market
- verb: buy household supplies
Example: "We go marketing every Saturday"
- verb: make commercial
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #50587)
Search for market at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse