Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of march:
- noun: a steady advance
Example: "The march of science"
- noun: the act of marching; walking with regular steps (especially in a procession of some kind)
Example: "It was a long march"
- noun: a procession of people walking together
Example: "The march went up Fifth Avenue"
- noun: the month following February and preceding April
- noun: a degree granted for the successful completion of advanced study of architecture
- noun: genre of music written for marching
Example: "Sousa wrote the best marches"
- noun: district consisting of the area on either side of a border or boundary of a country or an area
Example: "The Welsh marches between England and Wales"
- verb: force to march
Example: "The Japanese marched their prisoners through Manchuria"
- verb: cause to march or go at a marching pace
Example: "They marched the mules into the desert"
- verb: walk fast, with regular or measured steps; walk with a stride
Example: "He marched into the classroom and announced the exam"
- verb: march in a procession
- verb: march in protest; take part in a demonstration
- verb: walk ostentatiously
- verb: lie adjacent to another or share a boundary
Example: "England marches with Scotland"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2938)
Search for march at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse