Definitions of manifest:
- noun: a customs document listing the contents put on a ship or plane
- verb: reveal its presence or make an appearance
Example: "The ghost manifests each year on the same day"
- verb: record in a ship's manifest
Example: "Each passenger must be manifested"
- verb: provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes
Example: "The buildings in Rome manifest a high level of architectural sophistication"
- adjective: clearly apparent or obvious to the mind or senses
Example: "Manifest disapproval"
Search for manifest at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse