Definitions of maneuver:
- noun: an action aimed at evading an opponent
- noun: a move made to gain a tactical end
- noun: a deliberate coordinated movement requiring dexterity and skill
Example: "He made a great maneuver"
- noun: a military training exercise
- noun: a plan for attaining a particular goal
- verb: act in order to achieve a certain goal
Example: "He maneuvered to get the chairmanship"
- verb: perform a movement in military or naval tactics in order to secure an advantage in attack or defense
- verb: direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
Search for maneuver at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse