Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of male:
- noun: an animal that produces gametes (spermatozoa) that can fertilize female gametes (ova)
- noun: the capital of Maldives in the center of the islands
- noun: a person who belongs to the sex that cannot have babies
- adjective: being the sex (of plant or animal) that produces gametes (spermatozoa) that perform the fertilizing function in generation
Example: "A male infant"
- adjective: for or composed of men or boys
Example: "The male lead"
- adjective: characteristic of a man
Example: "A deep male voice"
Search for male at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...