Definitions of make out:
- verb: comprehend
Example: "I cannot make out what this politician is saying"
- verb: try to establish
- verb: imply or suggest
- verb: kiss, embrace, or fondle with sexual passion
- verb: come to terms or deal successfully with
- verb: proceed or get along
- verb: make out and issue
- verb: have sexual intercourse with
- verb: write all the required information onto a form
Example: "Make out a form"
- verb: detect with the senses
Example: "I can't make out the faces in this photograph"
Search for make out at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse