Definitions of maintain:
- verb: state or assert
Example: "He maintained his innocence"
- verb: maintain for use and service
- verb: keep in a certain state, position, or activity
- verb: support against an opponent
- verb: maintain by writing regular records
Example: "Maintain a record"
- verb: of power or authority
- verb: keep in safety and protect from harm, decay, loss, or destruction
- verb: observe correctly or closely
- verb: state categorically
- verb: supply with necessities and support
Search for maintain at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse