Definitions of magnetic:
- adjective: having the properties of a magnet; i.e. of attracting iron or steel
Example: "The hard disk is covered with a thin coat of magnetic material"
- adjective: determined by earth's magnetic fields
Example: "Magnetic north"
- adjective: capable of being magnetized
- adjective: of or relating to or caused by magnetism
Example: "Magnetic forces"
- adjective: possessing an extraordinary ability to attract
Example: "A magnetic personality"
- adjective: having the properties of a magnet; the ability to draw or pull
Example: "The knife hung on a magnetic board"
Search for magnetic at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse