Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of magazine:
- noun: a storehouse (as a compartment on a warship) where weapons and ammunition are stored
- noun: product consisting of a paperback periodic publication as a physical object
Example: "Tripped over a pile of magazines"
- noun: a light-tight supply chamber holding the film and supplying it for exposure as required
- noun: a periodic paperback publication
Example: "It takes several years before a magazine starts to break even or make money"
- noun: a business firm that publishes magazines
Example: "He works for a magazine"
- noun: a metal frame or container holding cartridges; can be inserted into an automatic gun
Search for magazine at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...