Definitions of loop:
- noun: a flight maneuver; aircraft flies a complete circle in the vertical plane
- noun: an intrauterine device in the shape of a loop
- noun: a computer program that performs a series of instructions repeatedly until some specified condition is satisfied
- noun: the basic pattern of the human fingerprint
- noun: an inner circle of advisors (especially under President Reagan)
Example: "He's no longer in the loop"
- noun: anything with a round or oval shape (formed by a curve that is closed and does not intersect itself)
- noun: a complete electrical circuit around which current flows or a signal circulates
- noun: the topology of a network whose components are connected in a loop
- noun: (computer science) a single execution of a set of instructions that are to be repeated
- noun: fastener consisting of a metal ring for lining a small hole to permit the attachment of cords or lines
- verb: fly loops, perform a loop
Example: "The stunt pilot looped his plane"
- verb: move in loops
Example: "The bicycle looped around the tree"
- verb: fasten or join with a loop
Example: "He looped the watch through his belt"
- verb: make a loop in
Example: "Loop a rope"
- verb: wind around something in coils or loops
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #11675)
Search for loop at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse