Definitions of log:
- noun: measuring instrument that consists of a float that trails from a ship by a knotted line in order to measure the ship's speed through the water
- noun: a written record of events on a voyage (of a ship or plane)
- noun: a written record of messages sent or received
Example: "They kept a log of all transmission by the radio station"
- noun: a segment of the trunk of a tree when stripped of branches
- noun: the exponent required to produce a given number
- noun: large log at the back of a hearth fire
- verb: enter into a log, as on ships and planes
- verb: cut lumber, as in woods and forests
Search for log at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse