Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of load:
- noun: weight to be borne or conveyed
- noun: electrical device to which electrical power is delivered
- noun: the power output of a generator or power plant
- noun: an amount of alcohol sufficient to intoxicate
Example: "He got a load on and started a brawl"
- noun: a quantity that can be processed or transported at one time
Example: "The system broke down under excessive loads"
- noun: an onerous or difficult concern
Example: "That's a load off my mind"
- noun: a deposit of valuable ore occurring within definite boundaries separating it from surrounding rocks
- noun: the front part of a guided missile or rocket or torpedo that carries the nuclear or explosive charge or the chemical or biological agents
- noun: goods carried by a large vehicle
- verb: fill or place a load on
Example: "Load a car"
- verb: provide with munition
Example: "He loaded his gun carefully"
- verb: put (something) on a structure or conveyance
Example: "Load the bags onto the trucks"
Search for load at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse