Definitions of list:
- noun: a database containing an ordered array of items (names or topics)
- noun: the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical
Example: "The ship developed a list to starboard"
- verb: tilt to one side
Example: "The ship listed to starboard"
- verb: cause to lean to the side
Example: "Erosion listed the old tree"
- verb: include in a list
Example: "Am I listed in your register?"
- verb: give or make a list of; name individually; give the names of
Example: "List the states west of the Mississippi"
- verb: enumerate
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #7743)
Search for list at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse