Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of liquid:
- noun: a frictionless non-nasal continuant (especially `l' and `r')
- noun: the state in which a substance exhibits a characteristic readiness to flow with little or no tendency to disperse and relatively high incompressibility
- noun: a substance in the fluid state of matter having no fixed shape but a fixed volume
- noun: a substance that is liquid at room temperature and pressure
- adjective: smooth and flowing in quality; entirely free of harshness
Example: "The liquid song of a robin"
- adjective: existing as or having characteristics of a liquid; especially tending to flow
Example: "Water and milk and blood are liquid substances"
- adjective: filled or brimming with tears
Example: "Sorrow made the eyes of many grow liquid"
- adjective: clear and bright
Example: "The liquid air of a spring morning"
- adjective: yielding; lacking any hint of hardness
Example: "The liquid stillness of the night enveloping him"
- adjective: changed from a solid to a liquid state
- adjective: in cash or easily convertible to cash
Example: "Liquid (or fluid) assets"
- adjective: smooth and unconstrained in movement
Example: "The liquid grace of a ballerina"
Search for liquid at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse