Definitions of linear:
- adjective: designating or involving an equation whose terms are of the first degree
- adjective: measured lengthwise
- adjective: of a leaf shape; long and narrow
- adjective: of or in or along or relating to a line; involving a single dimension
Example: "A linear foot"
- adjective: of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input
Example: "Linear amplifier"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #31625)
Search for linear at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse