Synonyms / Related
Definitions of lime:
- noun: the green acidic fruit of any of various lime trees
- noun: any of various related trees bearing limes
- noun: a sticky adhesive that is smeared on small branches to capture small birds
- noun: a caustic substance produced by heating limestone
- noun: a white crystalline oxide used in the production of calcium hydroxide
- noun: any of various deciduous trees of the genus Tilia with heart-shaped leaves and drooping cymose clusters of yellowish often fragrant flowers; several yield valuable timber
- verb: cover with lime so as to induce growth
Example: "Lime the lawn"
- verb: spread birdlime on branches to catch birds
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #46568)
Search for lime at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...