Definitions of limb:
- noun: the graduated arc that is attached to an instrument for measuring angles
Example: "The limb of the sextant"
- noun: either of the two halves of a bow from handle to tip
Example: "The upper limb of the bow"
- noun: one of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping: arm; leg; wing; flipper
- noun: (astronomy) the circumferential edge of the apparent disc of the sun or the moon or a planet
- noun: any of the main branches arising from the trunk or a bough of a tree
- noun: any projection that is thought to resemble an arm
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #26355)
Search for limb at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse