Lyrics and poems
Definitions of like:
- verb: feel about or towards; consider, evaluate, or regard
Example: "How did you like the President's speech last night?"
- verb: be fond of
Example: "I like my nephews"
- verb: find enjoyable or agreeable
Example: "I like jogging"
- verb: want to have
Example: "I'd like a beer now!"
- verb: prefer or wish to do something
Example: "Would you like to come along to the movies?"
- adjective: resembling or similar; having the same or some of the same characteristics; often used in combination
Example: "Suits of like design"
- adjective: equal in amount or value
Example: "Like amounts"
- adjective: having the same or similar characteristics
Example: "All politicians are alike"
- adjective: conforming in every respect
Example: "The like period of the preceding year"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #30081)
Search for like at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse