Definitions of lick:
- noun: touching with the tongue
- noun: a salt deposit that animals regularly lick
- noun: (boxing) a blow with the fist
- verb: pass the tongue over
Example: "The dog licked her hand"
- verb: take up with the tongue
Example: "The cub licked the milk from its mother's breast"
- verb: find the solution to (a problem or question) or understand the meaning of
- verb: beat thoroughly in a competition or fight
Example: "We licked the other team on Sunday!"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #62397)
Search for lick at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse