Definitions of leverage:
- noun: investing with borrowed money as a way to amplify potential gains (at the risk of greater losses)
- noun: strategic advantage; power to act effectively
Example: "Relatively small groups can sometimes exert immense political leverage"
- noun: the mechanical advantage gained by being in a position to use a lever
- verb: provide with leverage
Example: "We need to leverage this company"
- verb: supplement with leverage
Example: "Leverage the money that is already available"
Search for leverage at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse