Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of level:
- noun: indicator that establishes the horizontal when a bubble is centered in a tube of liquid
- noun: height above ground
Example: "The water reached ankle level"
- noun: an abstract place usually conceived as having depth
Example: "A good actor communicates on several levels"
- noun: structure consisting of a room or set of rooms comprising a single level of a multilevel building
Example: "What level is the office on?"
- noun: a flat surface at right angles to a plumb line
Example: "Park the car on the level"
- noun: a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process
- noun: a relative position or degree of value in a graded group
- noun: a position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality
Example: "A high level of care is required"
- verb: become level or even
Example: "The ground levelled off"
- verb: talk frankly with; lay it on the line
Example: "I have to level with you"
- verb: aim at
Example: "Level criticism or charges at somebody"
- verb: tear down so as to make flat with the ground
Example: "The building was levelled"
- verb: direct into a position for use
- verb: make level or straight
Example: "Level the ground"
- adjective: being on a precise horizontal plane
Example: "A billiard table must be level"
- adjective: not showing abrupt variations
Example: "Spoke in a level voice"
- adjective: oriented at right angles to the plumb
Example: "The picture is level"
- adjective: having a horizontal surface in which no part is higher or lower than another
Example: "Acres of level farmland"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #20136)
Search for level at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse