Definitions of less:
- adjective: (nonstandard in some uses but often idiomatic with measure phrases) fewer
Example: "Less than three weeks"
- adjective: (usually preceded by `no') lower in esteem
Example: "No less a person than the king himself"
- adjective: (usually preceded by `no') lower in quality
Example: "No less than perfect"
- adverb: used to form the comparative of some adjectives and adverbs
Example: "Less interesting"
- adverb: comparative of little
Example: "She walks less than she should"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #31634)
Search for less at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse