Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of left:
- noun: a turn to the left
Example: "Take a left at the corner"
- noun: the hand that is on the left side of the body
Example: "Jab with your left"
- noun: those who support varying degrees of social or political or economic change designed to promote the public welfare
- noun: location near or direction toward the left side; i.e. the side to the north when a person or object faces east
Example: "She stood on the left"
- noun: the piece of ground in the outfield on the catcher's left
- adjective: of or belonging to the political or intellectual left
- adjective: being or located on or directed toward the side of the body to the west when facing north
Example: "My left hand"
- adverb: toward or on the left; also used figuratively
Example: "He looked right and left"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #62465)
Search for left at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...