Definitions of leave:
- noun: permission to do something
Example: "She was granted leave to speak"
- noun: the period of time during which you are absent from work or duty
Example: "A ten day's leave to visit his mother"
- noun: the act of departing politely
Example: "He took his leave"
- verb: remove oneself from an association with or participation in
Example: "She wants to leave"
- verb: result in
- verb: make a possibility or provide opportunity for; permit to be attainable or cause to remain
Example: "This leaves no room for improvement"
- verb: act or be so as to become in a specified state
- verb: have left or have as a remainder
Example: "19 minus 8 leaves 11"
- verb: be survived by after one's death
- verb: go and leave behind, either intentionally or by neglect or forgetfulness
- verb: leave unchanged or undisturbed or refrain from taking
Example: "Leave it as is"
- verb: go away from a place
Example: "At what time does your train leave?"
- verb: tell or deposit (information) knowledge
Example: "Leave your name and address here"
- verb: put into the care or protection of someone
Example: "Leave your child the nurse's care"
- verb: leave behind unintentionally
- verb: leave or give by will after one's death
- verb: move out of or depart from
Example: "Leave the room"
Search for leave at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse