Definitions of leap:
- noun: a light springing movement upwards or forwards
- noun: the distance leaped (or to be leaped)
Example: "A leap of 10 feet"
- noun: an abrupt transition
Example: "A successful leap from college to the major leagues"
- noun: a sudden and decisive increase
- verb: pass abruptly from one state or topic to another
Example: "Leap into fame"
- verb: move forward by leaps and bounds
Example: "The child leapt across the puddle"
- verb: cause to jump or leap
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #28740)
Search for leap at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse