Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of leak:
- noun: unauthorized (especially deliberate) disclosure of confidential information
- noun: an accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape
Example: "One of the tires developed a leak"
- noun: a euphemism for urination
Example: "He had to take a leak"
- noun: soft watery rot in fruits and vegetables caused by fungi
- noun: the unwanted discharge of a fluid from some container
Example: "He had to clean up the leak"
- verb: have an opening that allows light or substances to enter or go out
Example: "The container leaked gasoline"
- verb: enter or escape as through a hole or crack or fissure
Example: "Water leaked out of the can into the backpack"
- verb: be leaked
Example: "The news leaked out despite his secrecy"
- verb: tell anonymously
Example: "The news were leaked to the paper"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4391)
Search for leak at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for leak (New!)
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse