Synonyms / Related
Definitions of leaf:
- noun: hinged or detachable flat section (as of a table or door)
- noun: a sheet of any written or printed material (especially in a manuscript or book)
- noun: the main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants
- verb: turn over pages
Example: "Leaf through a book"
- verb: produce leaves, of plants
- verb: look through a book or other written material
Example: "She leafed through the volume"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #10474)
Search for leaf at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...