Definitions of lash:
- noun: leather strip that forms the flexible part of a whip
- noun: a quick blow with a whip
- noun: any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids
- verb: bind with a rope, chain, or cord
Example: "Lash the horse"
- verb: lash or flick about sharply
Example: "The lion lashed its tail"
- verb: strike as if by whipping
- verb: beat severely with a whip or rod
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3969)
Search for lash at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse