Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of landmark:
- noun: an anatomical structure used as a point of origin in locating other anatomical structures (as in surgery) or as point from which measurements can be taken
- noun: a mark showing the boundary of a piece of land
- noun: an event marking a unique or important historical change of course or one on which important developments depend
- noun: the position of a prominent or well-known object in a particular landscape
Example: "The church steeple provided a convenient landmark"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #82339)
Search for landmark at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...