Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of labor:
- noun: productive work (especially physical work done for wages)
Example: "His labor did not require a great deal of skill"
- noun: a social class comprising those who do manual labor or work for wages
Example: "There is a shortage of skilled labor in this field"
- noun: concluding state of pregnancy; from the onset of labor to the birth of a child
Example: "She was in labor for six hours"
- noun: the federal department responsible for promoting the working conditions of wage earners in the United States; created in 1913
- noun: an organized attempt by workers to improve their status by united action especially via labor unions (especially the leaders of this movement)
- noun: any piece of work that is undertaken or attempted
- noun: a political party formed in Great Britain in 1900; characterized by the promotion of labor's interests and the socialization of key industries
- verb: work hard
- verb: undergo the efforts of childbirth
- verb: strive and make an effort to reach a goal
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #30127)
Search for labor at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse