Definitions of kiss:
- noun: a light glancing touch
Example: "There was a brief kiss of their hands in passing"
- noun: the act of caressing with the lips (or an instance thereof)
- noun: any of several bite-sized candies
- noun: a cookie made of egg whites and sugar
- verb: touch with the lips or press the lips (against someone's mouth or other body part) as an expression of love, greeting, etc.
Example: "The newly married couple kissed"
- verb: touch lightly or gently
Example: "The blossoms were kissed by the soft rain"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #12807)
Search for kiss at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Announcing the 2014-2015 RhymeZone Poetry Prize. Deadline is February 1!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse