Definitions of join:
- noun: the shape or manner in which things come together and a connection is made
- noun: a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets
- verb: become part of; become a member of a group or organization
Example: "He joined the Communist Party as a young man"
- verb: come into the company of
Example: "She joined him for a drink"
- verb: make contact or come together
Example: "The two roads join here"
- verb: cause to become joined or linked
Example: "Join these two parts so that they fit together"
- verb: be or become joined or united or linked
Example: "Our paths joined"
Search for join at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse