Synonyms / Related
Definitions of jaw:
- noun: holding device consisting of one or both of the opposing parts of a tool that close to hold an object
- noun: the part of the skull of a vertebrate that frames the mouth and holds the teeth
- noun: the bones of the skull that frame the mouth and serve to open it; the bones that hold the teeth
- verb: talk socially without exchanging too much information
- verb: talk incessantly and tiresomely
- verb: chew (food)
Example: "He jawed his bubble gum"
- verb: censure severely or angrily
Search for jaw at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...