Definitions of jar:
- noun: a vessel (usually cylindrical) with a wide mouth and without handles
- noun: the quantity contained in a jar
Example: "He drank a jar of beer"
- noun: a sudden impact
- verb: place in a cylindrical vessel
Example: "Jar the jam"
- verb: affect in a disagreeable way
Example: "This play jarred the audience"
- verb: shock physically
- verb: be incompatible; be or come into conflict
- verb: move or cause to move with a sudden jerky motion
Search for jar at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse