Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of jack:
- noun: male donkey
- noun: any of several fast-swimming predacious fishes of tropical to warm-temperate seas
- noun: tool for exerting pressure or lifting
- noun: one of four face cards in a deck bearing a picture of a young prince
- noun: small flag indicating a ship's nationality
- noun: game equipment consisting of one of several small objects picked up while bouncing a ball in the game of jacks
- noun: an electrical device consisting of a connector socket designed for the insertion of a plug
- noun: a small worthless amount
Example: "You don't know jack"
- noun: immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit of; its seeds are commonly roasted
- noun: someone who works with their hands; someone engaged in manual labor
- noun: a man who serves as a sailor
- verb: lift with a special device
Example: "Jack up the car so you can change the tire"
- verb: hunt with a jacklight
- name: A male given name (very common: 1 in 317 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #53)
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 14285 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1852)
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 100000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3217)
Search for jack at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse