Definitions of jab:
- noun: a quick short straight punch
- noun: a sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow)
Example: "He warned me with a jab with his finger"
- noun: the act of touching someone suddenly with your finger or elbow
- verb: poke or thrust abruptly
Example: "He jabbed his finger into her ribs"
- verb: strike or punch quick and short blows
- verb: stab or pierce
Example: "He jabbed the piece of meat with his pocket knife"
Search for jab at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse