Definitions of italic:
- noun: a style of handwriting with the letters slanting to the right
- noun: a typeface with letters slanting upward to the right
- noun: a branch of the Indo-European languages of which Latin is the chief representative
- adjective: of or relating to the Italic languages
Example: "Ancient Italic dialects"
- adjective: characterized by slanting characters
Example: "Italic characters"
Search for italic at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia