Definitions of introduce:
- verb: as of legislation into a legislative body
- verb: cause to come to know personally
Example: "Introduce the new neighbors to the community"
- verb: bring before the public for the first time, as of an actor, song, etc.
- verb: bring in or establish in a new place or environment
Example: "Introduce a rule"
- verb: bring something new to an environment
Example: "A new word processor was introduced"
- verb: bring in a new person or object into a familiar environment
Example: "The new secretary introduced a nasty rumor"
- verb: be a precursor of
- verb: furnish with a preface or introduction
- verb: put or introduce into something
- verb: introduce
Search for introduce at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse