Try out Spruce, our experimental quotations and lyrics search engine.
Definitions of instrument:
- noun: the means whereby some act is accomplished
Example: "My greed was the instrument of my destruction"
- noun: a device that requires skill for proper use
- noun: a person used by another to gain an end
- noun: any of various devices or contrivances that can be used to produce musical tones or sounds
- noun: the semantic role of the entity (usually inanimate) that the agent uses to perform an action or start a process
- noun: (law) a document that states some contractual relationship or grants some right
- verb: equip with instruments for measuring, recording, or controlling
- verb: address a legal document to
- verb: write an instrumental score for
Search for instrument at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse