Definitions of insert:
- noun: an artifact that is inserted or is to be inserted
- noun: a folded section placed between the leaves of another publication
- noun: (film) a still picture that is inserted and that interrupts the action of a film
- noun: (broadcasting) a local announcement inserted into a network program
- verb: put or introduce into something
Example: "Insert a picture into the text"
- verb: introduce
Example: "Insert your ticket here"
- verb: fit snugly into
Example: "Insert your ticket into the slot"
- verb: insert casually
Search for insert at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia