Definitions of infection:
- noun: (international law) illegality that taints or contaminates a ship or cargo rendering it liable to seizure
- noun: moral corruption or contamination
Example: "Ambitious men are led astray by an infection that is almost unavoidable"
- noun: an incident in which an infectious disease is transmitted
- noun: (medicine) the invasion of the body by pathogenic microorganisms and their multiplication which can lead to tissue damage and disease
- noun: (phonetics) the alteration of a speech sound under the influence of a neighboring sound
- noun: the pathological state resulting from the invasion of the body by pathogenic microorganisms
- noun: the communication of an attitude or emotional state among a number of people
Example: "The infection of his enthusiasm for poetry"
Search for infection at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse