Definitions of indulgence:
- noun: the remission by the pope of the temporal punishment in purgatory that is still due for sins even after absolution
Example: "In the Middle Ages the unrestricted sale of indulgences by pardoners became a widespread abuse"
- noun: the act of indulging or gratifying a desire
- noun: a disposition to yield to the wishes of someone
Example: "Too much indulgence spoils a child"
- noun: an inability to resist the gratification of whims and desires
- noun: foolish or senseless behavior
Search for indulgence at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse