Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of indifferent:
- adjective: neither too great nor too little
Example: "A couple of indifferent hills to climb"
- adjective: neither good nor bad
Example: "An indifferent performance"
- adjective: characterized by a lack of partiality
Example: "A properly indifferent jury"
- adjective: marked by no especial liking or dislike or preference for one thing over another
Example: "Indifferent about which book you would give them"
- adjective: fairly poor to not very good
Example: "Has an indifferent singing voice"
- adjective: showing no care or concern in attitude or action
Example: "Indifferent to the sufferings of others"
- adjective: (often followed by `to') lacking importance; not mattering one way or the other
Example: "Whether you choose to do it or not is a matter that is quite immaterial (or indifferent)"
- adjective: marked by a lack of interest
Example: "It is simply indifferent"
- adjective: having only a limited ability to react chemically; not active
Example: "An indifferent chemical in a reaction"
Search for indifferent at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for indifferent (New!)
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse