Definitions of indeterminate:
- adjective: not leading to a definite ending or result
Example: "An indeterminate campaign"
- adjective: not capable of being determined
Example: "The indeterminate number of plant species in the jungle"
- adjective: not precisely determined or established; not fixed or known in advance
Example: "Of indeterminate age"
- adjective: having a capacity for continuing to grow at the apex
Example: "An indeterminate stem"
- adjective: of uncertain or ambiguous nature
Example: "The equivocal (or indeterminate) objects painted by surrealists"
Search for indeterminate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse