Definitions of increase:
- noun: the act of increasing something
Example: "He gave me an increase in salary"
- noun: the amount by which something increases
Example: "They proposed an increase of 15 percent in the fare"
- noun: a change resulting in an increase
Example: "The increase is scheduled for next month"
- noun: a process of becoming larger or longer or more numerous or more important
Example: "The increase in unemployment"
- noun: a quantity that is added
- verb: make bigger or more
Example: "The boss finally increased her salary"
- verb: become bigger or greater in amount
Example: "The amount of work increased"
Search for increase at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse