Definitions of incline:
- noun: an inclined surface or roadway that moves traffic from one level to another
- noun: an elevated geological formation
- verb: lower or bend (the head or upper body), as in a nod or bow
Example: "She inclined her head to the student"
- verb: bend or turn (one's ear) towards a speaker in order to listen well
Example: "He inclined his ear to the wise old man"
- verb: make receptive or willing towards an action or attitude or belief
Example: "Their language inclines us to believe them"
- verb: be at an angle
- verb: have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined
Example: "He inclined to corpulence"
Search for incline at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse