Definitions of impulsive:
- adjective: without forethought
Example: "Letting him borrow her car was an impulsive act that she immediately regretted"
- adjective: proceeding from natural feeling or impulse without external stimulus
Example: "An impulsive gesture of affection"
- adjective: characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation
Example: "Liable to such impulsive acts as hugging strangers"
- adjective: determined by chance or impulse or whim rather than by necessity or reason
- adjective: having the power of driving or impelling
Example: "An impulsive force"
Search for impulsive at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse