Definitions of impulse:
- noun: the act of applying force suddenly
Example: "The impulse knocked him over"
- noun: an impelling force or strength
- noun: the electrical discharge that travels along a nerve fiber
Example: "They demonstrated the transmission of impulses from the cortex to the hypothalamus"
- noun: a sudden desire
Example: "He bought it on an impulse"
- noun: an instinctive motive
Example: "Profound religious impulses"
- noun: (electronics) a sharp transient wave in the normal electrical state (or a series of such transients)
Search for impulse at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse