Definitions of impress:
- noun: the act of coercing someone into government service
- verb: dye (fabric) before it is spun
- verb: produce or try to produce a vivid impression of
- verb: mark or stamp with or as if with pressure
Example: "To make a batik, you impress a design with wax"
- verb: impress positively
Example: "The young chess player impressed her audience"
- verb: take (someone) against his will for compulsory service, especially on board a ship
- verb: reproduce by printing
- verb: have an emotional or cognitive impact upon
Example: "This child impressed me as unusually mature"
Search for impress at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse