Definitions of immaterial:
- adjective: (often followed by `to') lacking importance; not mattering one way or the other
Example: "Whether you choose to do it or not is a matter that is quite immaterial (or indifferent)"
- adjective: of no importance or relevance especially to a law case
Example: "An objection that is immaterial after the fact"
- adjective: not consisting of matter
Example: "Immaterial apparitions"
- adjective: not pertinent to the matter under consideration
Example: "The price was immaterial"
- adjective: without material form or substance
Search for immaterial at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse